2013 Iberian 321 Open Rules
ALBC Iberian Open 321 Competition
25th,26th & 27th October
- The competition will comprise 6 ends of 3 wood triples, followed by 6 ends of 3 wood pairs & finally 6 ends of 3 wood singles. All players must play 2 disciplines.
- 1 shot only on first end of every triples section, thereafter all shots count.
- No dead ends – jack to be replaced on centre 2 metre mark.
- No head visits & no player may remain at the head whilst their opposition bowls.
- The scorecard to be completed with 3 separate sections – scoreboard to have cumulative score for all disciplines.
- Scoring will be 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw in each section & an additional 2 points for an overall win, 1 point for overall draw. Eight points available for each game.
- The winner of each section will be determined first on points scored, followed by shot difference. If the teams are still level then it will be ends won and if they are still tied the winner will be determined by the result between the two teams in the round robin section.
- The scoring in the final will remain as above. If after completing the 18 ends the 2 teams are level on points & shots, then the triples will play a one end decider.
- The scorecard must be maintained by the skip in the triples & pairs sections.
- 10. For the Singles section each team will provide a marker – one will mark the odd numbered ends, the other will mark the even numbered ends. The markers shall have control of the scorecards for the singles section. They shall not give advice to their own player during this section.
- The player not participating in the pairs & the one not playing or marking in the singles is a part of the team & may give advice to their player/s.
- Substitutes – One substitute will be allowed, but should play in any position other than Skip in the Pairs and/or Triples. Any Substitution must continue throughout the remainder of the competition.