2014 St Patricks Day

Well done Siobhan for a wonderful St Patricks Day and a very informative report which makes me redundant this year. I have done a few tweaks but credit must go to Siobhan.

The Spider was won by Mick Duffield and snaffled by Agnes Brown a.k.a Graham Patrick. Later on nearest the bottle raised fifty five euros.

Our fancy dress results was 3rd place Ray Bolton. 2nd place Graham Clough, and first place Graham Patrick.

The Ladies 3rd place Pat Deacon, in 2nd place Sandra Brown as Winnie and in first place Liz Raynor.

The Spider was won by Mick Duffield and snaffled by Agnes Brown a.k.a Graham Patrick. Later on nearest the bottle raised fifty five euros plus 42.40 from the members taking part,

We all then headed down to the terrace for a wonderful buffet and for the very first time not one complaint was channelled my way as the buffet was superb.

I must say I could not have managed this year without the help of so many club members in particular Graham Patrick who with Clive and Cath put up all the decorations, delivered all the raffle prizes to my Casa, where our social secretary and our Lady Captain marshalled their helpers and soon had hampers cheese baskets, and fruit baskets ready to be delivered to the function room.

Then a change of plan, we would be outside on the terrace as the weather was so good. Right said Graham I will collect you between 7 .30 and 8a.m. In the morning hand we will bring everything up. Fine except at 9.30. p.m. I had a meeting with John Lodge that would only take a few minutes, wrong and at 10.30p.m. I was loading balloons with Pat and John into a mosquito net to be suspended on high on the terrace in the morning.

Anyway all went well and it gave me a very warm feeling that my friends and fellow bowlers rallied round. Thanks to the 3 musketeers, Vic, Jim and John Fitz for their support and thank you Vic for your kind words from the stage.

The winners of the fancy dress on the terrace was 3rd place, Andy Cooper 2nd place, big Trevor, and 1st place Sandy the biker. The ladies was a bit of a surprise, 3rd place Pat Deacon  2nd place Peggy Fletcher and in  first place Graham Patrick, yes he won the ladies on the Terrace and the gents on the bowling green.

The Limericks were won by Bill White, Andy Cooper, Dot Lyood and Doreen Hall, it was a wonderful day and the feedback was that it was the best yet. Our own John Lodge and the wonderful Johnny V. And the wonderful Tombola run by Bob and Margaret Bulmer Kirby.

The fun and laughter the wonderful costumes Val Vee, and Pat Brindler Fowler and there outrages fancy dress all made it a wonderful day.

Thanks go to everyone for the hard work raising 792.40 euro.

Siobhan Herrity

You may also like...

20 Responses

1. Shelagh and Dave says:

It looks as if you all had a lot of fun, Well done Siobhan you make it a really fun day wish we could have been there, next year I hope
    Shelagh and Dave

2. Ron Lloyd says:

Great afternoon as always, thank-you helpers for all your hard work. Dot and Ron

3. John & Linda Burgess says:

loved the photos, wish we could have been there, but see you guys soon.

4. Carole & Wayne says:

Thank’s too everyone who worked so hard to make the day so enjoyable. Best ever St Patrick’s day.

5. terry rodgers says:

thank to all for a great day bejasus terry val

6. I 崇拝 見える見える インターネットサイト。私は最近は鉱山を構築し、私は探して求めてた| ヒントいくつかのスタイル設計のために、あなたは私を与えた数 。 サイトのウェブサイト私はあなたが開発したかどうかを尋ねますか? のプリティ一部を

7. Shirley says:

A VECES DIOS NOS PONE MUCHAS PRUEBAS PARA VER HASTA DONDE SOMOS CAPACES DE ENETNFRAR TODO ESTO Y YO SOY OTRA MADRE SOLTERA Y NO ME DOY POR VENCIDA POR Q ME CONSIDERO ASI +5¿Te ha sido útil?

8. Lesa says:

Nemzeti Csojrotpának az idén. A minisztérium három modult fogadott el, ennek első része – Zenei könyvtári ismeretek I. Zenei könyvtári alapismeretek – címmel folyt, négy napon, összesen 30 órában. Helyszínt az Országos Széchényi

9. Kurde, szkoda tego Prime Suspect. KojarzyÅ‚o siÄ™ odrobinÄ™ z Justified, ale bez tego fenomenalnego klimatu i zwiÄ…zanych z nim okolicznoÅ›ci (dajcie mi wiÄ™cej procedurali, w których przestÄ™pcy zachowujÄ… siÄ™, jakby potraktowali “Fargo” jako podrÄ™cznik przestÄ™pcy).Anyway, dla mnie koniec telewizji w tym roku zaraz po finale drugiego sezonu Boardwalk Empire. Chyba, że nadrobiÄ™ Chucka i okaże siÄ™, że warto ten 5. sezon oglÄ…dać.

10. PIA of $1,000 is equal to 50% of Joe’s PIA of $2,000.  (If you need more information on File and Suspend, see this article.)  This is where the Restricted Application can

11. Dessa hyllningskörer beror endast på att det är personer med lika flummiga och förvridna åsikter som läser din blogg.Dina analyser är förvridna och intetsägande. Du fyller din blogg med massa skräp och påhopp, underförstådda meningar som endast du har hittat på.Din blogg tillför ingenting. Den är helt värdelöst!Skönt att du äntligen fått möta lite kritik.

12. "On this we totally agree. Now, how do we enforce existing or do we stop trade until a free trade agreement is signed?"Stopping trade to punish a trading partner is like threatening to shoot a hole in the bottom of your end of the boat.

13. can not survive another four years of Barack Obama. It could however survive through four years of a Romney-Rubio or Romney-Jindall ticket. BO is getting his eviction papers. Count on it.

14. > returned it within 2 hours Beats my Pebble record of 1

15. Just all looks amazing – and so relaxing :)No Latitude for me this year – instead we're doing some smaller festivals on a day basis – wasn't sure about how my ankle would cope if Latitude was a mud-fest again this year :(However we're planning lots of trips away in our new toy 🙂

16. he is. If he recommends Christianity, that should be his true opinion. If he warns of Jewish perfidy, that should be his true opinion. He shouldn't be a hypocrite, or running an unannounced agenda that influences him so strongly that his overt agenda is moot.I find his body language odd, but on all I've seen and read, his words are straight. He is supposed to be a servant of Jesus, and he is. He claims to be warning people of dangerous evils, and he is.

17. http://www./ says:

I would like to try it, but the link is not working for me.When I logged in on my friends computer I was automagically taken to the new homepage, but on my computer I can't get it.Any ideas?

18. http://www./ says:

b4 dat Jang is a goat in human skin. I dnt knw hw culd a man callin himslf a pastor be maltreatin fellow human being as such. Vry obnoxious and useles Governor of d year.!

19. BHO started with an apology tour, and now shows all the determination a President need have, but in stopping our ally, complaining how the poor, enemy of Israel, and this country, is “””Suffering??””” That, folks, is insanity of premium proportions, IMHO. With friends like BHO, Israel does not need enemies, they have one “”Standing right behind”” them, BHO.

20. Beautiful pictures my patron Saint helped the Aleuts!