2014 Hong Kong Pairs
COSTA ALMERIA LAWN BOWLS
HONG KONG PAIRS LEAGUE 2014
1) All games will be played in line with the laws of the sport of bowls (Crystal Mark Edition)
2) The Controlling Body for this competition is the Costa Almeria Lawn Bowling Committee whose decision will be final.
3) The competition will be played on a league basis in a ‘Round Robin’ format. Play to start at 4.30pm on the given dates.
4) The Semi-Final and Final will take place at Indalo on Sunday 29th June 2014
5) A draw will be made from each club entries so that a fairly even spread of teams are in each group. A further draw will take place to ascertain at which venue each group plays their first game. Each group will then rotate onto the available greens each week
6) Pairs can be of any combination
7) Matches to be played over 18 ends: there will be no trial ends with only one shot scoring on the first end
8) Scoring as follows: 2pts- win, 1pt – draw, if there is a tie on points then shot difference will count, if still undecided then the winner of the match between the two teams concerned will decide the winner.
9) Depending on 3 or 4 groups (If Mojacar BC are entering and there green is being made available there will be 4 groups)
10) If the end is ‘killed’ the jack will be re-spotted on the ‘T’
11) Substitutes are allowed
a) But one of the original team must be one of the players
b) No Player can substitute for more than one team in the same group
c) A Substitute must play at least 50% of the remaining games
d) The score card must indicate the substitute
12) Dates – As far as possible dates must be adhered to. But to get as many pairs into the competition as possible the organising body will allow games to be played on a date other than the advertised one provided it is prior to the next scheduled date. Agreement must be made with the opponents and the club the match was due to be played at. Pairs are responsible for arranging their own changes and Brian Saunders must be informed of any changes. NO changes of venue are allowed
13) No Show or in excess of 15 mins the match is void. No further matches can be played and all the points from previous matches will
14) Two score cards must be used and returned signed by each team making sure the full names of the pairs are on both cards
15) Officials at each green will collect the cards at the end of the 18th end and forward them to Brian Saunders as soon as possible after the games have finished
16) If there are any disputes at the venue that cannot be sorted out by the teams, the named officials will make a decision and their decision will be final.
17) A game is void in the following circumstances
a) When a game cannot take place due to weather conditions or the green is unfit to play.
b) When up to 10 ends have not been completed and the game is stopped due to weather conditions or other valid reasons.
In the above circumstances each team will be awarded 1 point. If 11 ends have been played the result and shot difference will stand.
18) The entry fee of 3€ per person to be collected by their own clubs CALB representative and forwarded with the clubs official entry form.
19) The host club will provide the rinks required for the matches to be played. The group organiser will arrange a draw for the rinks with the pairs at the venue.