2011 CALB Summer Hong Kong Pairs -Rules
Rules of Hong Kong Pairs League
- 1) All games will be played in line with the laws of the sport of bowls (Crystal Mark Edition).
- 2) The Controlling Body for this competition is the Costa Almeria Lawn Bowling Committee whose decision will be final.
- 3) The competition will be played on a league basis with 3 sections playing a ‘Round Robin’ format. Play to start at 4.30pm on the given dates.
- 4) Each group will be drawn on which green they start their first match on the 6th May 2011. They will then move around the three available greens each week.
- 5) The winners of each group will go forward to the semi final plus the best runner up. The winner of group A will play the winner of group C, and the winner of group B will play the best runner-up. The winners of the semi final will contest the final. The date of the Semi-Final & Final will be Sunday 26th June 2011 at Indalo. Start times: Semi Final 10.30 a.m. , Final 2.00 p.m.
- 6) Pairs can be of any combination.
- 7) Matches will be played over 18 ends; there will be no trial ends with only one shot scoring on the first end.
- 8) Scoring as follows: 2pts – Win, 1pt – draw.
It there is a tie on points in any group then shot difference will count, if still undecided then the winner of the match between the teams will decide the winner.
- 9) The best runner-up will be the pair with the highest of points in any group. If 2 or more pairs are equal on points then best shot difference will decide. If still equal then the pair winning the most number of ends will decide.
- 10) If the end is ‘killed’ the jack will be re-spotted on the ‘T’
- 11) Substitutes are allowed.
- a) But one of the original team must be one of the players.
- b) No player can substitute for more than one team in the same group.
- c) Indicate on the score card that a player is a substitute
- 12) ‘No Show’ or in excess of 15 minutes late then the match will be awarded to the opponents (2pts & 8 shot difference)
- 13) Two score cards must be used and returned signed by one from each team. Please make sure the full names of the two pairs are on both score cards.
- 14) Officials at each green will collect the cards at the end of the 18 ends and forward them to Brian Saunders as soon as possible after the games have finished.
- 15) If there are any disputes at the venue that cannot be sorted out by the teams. The named officials will make a decision. Their decision will be final.
- 16) A Game will be void in the following circumstances
- a) When a game cannot take place due to weather conditions or a green unfit to play
- b) When less than 10 ends have been completed when the game is stopped due to weather conditions or other valid reason.
In the above circumstances each team will be awarded 1pt each.
If 11 ends have been played the result and shot difference will stand.
- 17) The entry fee of 3€ per person to be collected by their own Club CALB representative. Entry fees to be forwarded with the clubs official entry form.
As La Mata has no green to play on, there can be no reciprocal agreement therefore they will be subject to green fees to the club that they are playing at
- 18) The host club will supply the 4 rinks needed. Group organisers to arrange a draw for these rinks with the pairs at the venue.
- 19) The official organiser at each venue will be decided after the draw has been made.
- 20) Groundsheets (green protectors) as used at Almeria & Cabrera will be permitted in this competition
Due to a mix-up at La Mata, 3 pairs from La Mata cannot fulfil their fixtures on the 7th of May.
The committee have agreed to allow these 3 games to be played prior to the 7th of May.
These matches are
- (a) B West/B West v P Cartright/D Hall at Cabrera
- (b) M DeBoer/A DeBoer v B Bramble/A Bramble at Indalo
- (c) C Ewer/M Fritchley v J Beaumont/A Crilly at Indalo
All pairs have been spoken to and have agreed to this
This is a one off situation and no other fixtures will be allowed to be played other than on the dates shown on the fixture schedule.